Saturday, June 30, 2007

Fedora Lounge

Saturday, June 23, 2007

I adore fashion of the 1930's and 40's especially with referene to Hollywood Glamour the stars that exemplify the era. This life long interest renewed a few years ago and led me to The Fedora Lounge where I commune with others ga ga over bygone eras. Occasionally, I like to coordinate a little Fedoral Lounge event for fellow Loungers in the Seattle.

We had prefect weather for this particular event and we started at Byrnie Utz hat store on Union. Natharbi admired and tried on several hats. I even got my head measured. I'm have a petite head at 6 3/4 to match my mini ears. Nathaniel's 7 3/8 I believe. I do realize that only other loungers would have the least interest in hat size so if you wondering at such trivial information, don't. Just read on.

We had reservations for the Buenos Aries Grill . This restaurant is fantastic! The food is delicious and the servings very generous. To top it off they have entertainment of tango dancers who twirl around the restaurant down the tiny aisles, between the tables, never once bumping a dining guest or causing a spill. We met up with some new friends, Mateo a Seattle local and Travis who took the train up from Portland. Now that's vintage! Travis likes circuses and has learned how to do that fire breathing circus act. I don't care for the circus, but I was impressed hearing about that sort of talent.

Travis, Mateo, Nathaniel

C!gar hour was held in a private room at the Vintage Park Hotel and nightcaps were sipped at Tulio Ristorante which serves as another great vintage backdrop.

3 comments:

K said...

Be sure to join with other Fedora Lounge members for our annual Queen Mary event in Long Beach, California. We board ship Friday November 16th to enjoy the next 48 enjoying the look and feel of the 30s and 40s with those who celebrate the same. Our dinner and dancing event will be on Saturday November 17th. Tickets are $70 presale and $80 at the door. You can stay at the Queen Mary for the discounted price of $129. We look forward to seeing you aboard the Queen Mary. You can find out more information at www.thefedoralounge.com/QM2007.htm

Kelly Wilbanks
Classic Style Magazine

Barbi & Nathaniel Hollywood said...

Kelly,
Please, please, please send me another 3rd copy of Classic Style Magazine. It doesn't matter that I did have the mail forwarded, I didn't get it and I NEED it.

please
~Barbi

K said...

I'll check up on this for you. You can also call our office at 360.882
3488 and talk to Jennifer about your missing issue.

Have a great weekend!