Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Lavender, Lavender Everywhere, Poodles and Hootenannys

The Lavender Festival is really cute. Apparently, lavender can be incorporated into everything. Natharbi quaffed up some honey lavender ice cream, tried lavender lotions, bought the lavender soap and even made some lavender candles. We saw lavender balm and lavender salve which Natharbi questioned what sort of $12 marketing words are salve and balm? Who goes to the store and says, "I need to pick up some salve"?

We chuckled at the Red Hat Ladies and I got snarked on by one who said, "don't you wish you were 50?" I cannot image the look on my face when she said that, wish we had a photo. However, I can honestly say, "no I don't, 30-something is just fine for me right now and I don't have to be any particular age to go out in public in hat if the mood strikes me." See here, I am trying on a crazy alpaca hat.

Something I saw at the Lavender Festival that I do not want to ever see again is an old man wearing a front pack with a poodle in it. A man wearing a small poodle...it just isn't right. This hat reminds me of a poodle.

The lavender farms are decked out beautifully with their rows of lavender poofing out. The farmers must really make their money this weekend because the gardens surrounding the lavender fields contribute a great deal to the cuteness of it all. Natharbi strolled the street fair, made our way to around the area to probably five farms. One was particularly cool and had the coolness factor of having a bunch of vintage car owners park their cars. Wise idea, give the men something to look at, after their wives have dragged them all over the crafts booth.








They also had a 9 day old baby alpaca, I challenge you to look at this creature and not say, "awwww."





Hootenannys, hoe-down, barn dance, promenade, square dance....this same farm had a barn dance Saturday evening Natharbi attended. It was fun! To dance, to watch all the people
dancing and having a country good time! It was so cute, I don't know why I can't think of any other adjectives for the lavender festival. We danced the night away, walked in the yard and ate cherries off the trees and raspberries off the bushes before the crotchety farmer chased the kids away for doing the same thing!

No comments: