Wednesday, July 25, 2007

More Happy Birthday to Natharbi

I love to give gifts and of course, I love to receive them. First, I bought Nathaniel a pair of cuff links with our initials engraved on them and a few other fun incidentals, quite boring in comparison to Nathaniel's surprise for me. WOW, Nathaniel really hit it out of the park with my birthday present. This man was granted with an innate a blueprint of my sentimental heart.

He pulled out this gigantic wrapped box, which I immediately tore into and when I got the top open I saw the sweetest, most touching gift I can recollect being the recipient. When I saw it, I was completely overwhelmed with emotion and the tears started to roll.

It was a 1907 RCA Victrola! Many years ago I owned one and through a series of unfortunate events ended up selling it. It was a piece that I cherished and had a lot of memories that went along with it. With all our recent antiquing I had mentioned what nifty items they were and shared the story when we saw one.

We got so caught up in the gift giving moment we forgot to take photos. However, in a short time, the 1908 record that I bought on ebay will arrive and we will take photos to post of the inaugural playing of our new antique!

As well, it is the gift that starts a collection, now I get to keep my eye out for all the old favorite antique records.

No comments: