Saturday, July 14, 2007

Viva la Bastille Day

Natharbi started a fun Saturday of Seattle hanging out doing some shopping in Madison. We made stops at both Gentleman's Consignment and Fury Women's Consignment. Nathaniel picked up some cool bargains, shirts, braces, accessories and I found a gorgeous pair of ruby cuff links. I thought it appropo, they are my birthstone and the pair signifies my first pair to accompany my new French cuff blouses. Nathaniel noted, "they are the kind you can't get on by yourself." Nathaniel, can now consider himself enlistee as my cuff link help man.

Kwik-E Mart - We honored the near opening of the Simpson's new blockbuster film with a trip to the Kwik-E Mart. I am familiar with the Simpson's but apparently the importance of this momentous event was a little lost on me until I saw other people there taking photos. We picked up our Homer cookie, Krusty-Os and Squishy drinks...mmm, watermelon.

Next, Natharbi strolled the West Seattle Summer Fest and checked out several antique stores. Natharbi on the street scene


They had all the usual booths here and the Rat City Roller Girls had a dunk tank fundraiser going. Nathaniel hit the target and dropped the bikini girl in the water first ball, granted he was throwing from the kid's line!


Barbi threw like a girl, I think the ball went over the top of the backdrop of the booth.


On to the antique stores and vintage hat shopping. There really are a large number of vintage hats out there for my collection so I tried on a lot. Do you ever have one of those days when you are unusually clutzy? I think I knocked over four different things. I am going to blame it on many antique store being very crowded. Please Nathaniel, take my hand and lead me to safety, I don't want to buy anything I have broken.

Since Natharbi was unable to spend Bastille Day in Paris we spent part of it at Cafe Campagne in Pike Place Market to honor the day. We ate brie sandwiches and drank wine and enjoyed the band. They were putting on quite a party. Perhaps Paris next year!
Nathaniel looking crisp and dashing even in the heat. I forgot my beret! Viva la France!















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"I could do a lot of things if I only had the money."

"Every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain!"

"For once I would like to be called 'Sir' without someone adding 'You're making a scene'."

-All good Homer Simpson quotes. Use Them!

-Markus Arilleus Gluteus Maximus